Coaching can help address parenting challenges within families
Parenting is one of the most important jobs we do, and one of the most challenging. It's also the job for which most of us have the least preparation and training. Parent coaching can help identify new solutions, strategies and tools to use in the difficult areas of parenting. Coaching comes with no guilt or criticism. Instead, I use a strengths-based perspective to generate and implement positive ideas and tools to support your family. Partner with me to learn, develop insight and even laugh a little (or a lot) as we work together!
Parent coaching takes place most often via Skype, FaceTime or over the phone. Time is a valuable commodity for most parents, so taking drive-time out of the picture can be very helpful. For those who desire parent coaching sessions in person, this option is available. I am happy to meet at your kitchen table or in your living room! Sessions can also take place at a public space such as a library or coffee shop. (Please see Travel policy.)
Common concerns that many parents have include:
- Anxiety and worries
- Attachment and bonding
- Bedtime struggles
- Behavioral dysregulation
- Defiance and/or disrespect
- Difficulty with transitions
- Family chaos
- High emotion and sensitivity
- Morning struggles
- Routines in general
- Running away from parents
- School avoidance
- Separation issues
- Sibling rivalry and conflict
- Sleep/awake routines
- Technology and setting limits
- Temper tantrums
Get started with parent coaching
- Parents can request a complementary electronic coaching visit for up to 15 minutes via Skype, FaceTime or telephone call, to see if coaching is right for them.
- To request a complementary electronic coaching visit or purchase an initial full coaching session, please fill out the Parent Coaching form.
If you have previously participated in a coaching session with Tricia and would like to purchase additional sessions, click here.